Enjoy Our 10 Favourite Summer Wine Cocktails Before Autumn
Summer is coming to an end. Which makes it the perfect excuse to celebrate the last few weeks with deliciously refreshing Summer Wine Cocktails outside, enjoying the last few days of South African sun.
We’ve listed our top 10 Summer Wine Cocktails:
3 Rosé Wine Cocktails:
Our favourite is the Strawberry-Grapefruit Rosé Wine Cocktail:
Strawberry-Grapefruit Rosé Wine Cocktail
1. Strawberry-Grapefruit Rosé Summer Wine Cocktail
(Makes 1 glass)
- 2 strawberries
- 90 ml Le Pommier Rosé Wine
- 30 ml strawberry vodka
- 30 ml fresh grapefruit juice
- Simple syrup, as needed
- Place strawberries in a glass and muddle well.
- Fill glass with ice, then add rosé, strawberry vodka and grapefruit juice. Stir.
- Add simple syrup, if desired.
2 & 3. See the other 2 recipes: Click here
Pomegranate & Lime White Wine Spritzer
4. Pomegranate & Lime White Wine Spritzer
This pomegranate lime white wine spritzer is the perfect all year round drink. It’s made with white wine, seltzer, lime and lots of pomegranate seeds.
(Makes 2 cocktails)
Add ice to a glass. Add wine, top with sparkling water. Add pomegranate seeds and lime wedge.
Source: Nutmeg Nanny
Red, White and Blue Sangria
5. Red, White and Blue Sangria
- Strawberries, sliced
- Pineapple cut into star shapes
- 2 bottles Le Pommier Sauvignon Blanc white wine
- 1 cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 Cup berry-flavored vodka
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
Combine the ingredients in a large pitcher and stir. Chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours.
6. Sangria with Red Wine
- 2 bottles Le Pommier Red Blend wine
- 1 cup Grand Mariner
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 litre sparkling water
- Combine all ingredients in large pitcher or punch bowl with ice or chill overnight.
- Serve over ice. Garnish with frosty (nearly frozen) fruits and long slivers of fresh orange peel.
7. Red Wine Punch Cocktail
- 2 parts red wine (Le Pommier’s famous Jonathan’s Malbec will work perfectly!)
- 1 part soda (7-Up or Sprite)
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 3tbsp oranges
Mix large parts of icing sugar with red wine in a punch bowl, and stir well. Add the soda, plenty of ice, and drop in a few orange (or lemon) slices. Serve immediately.
8. Cosmopolitan Delight Cocktail
- 45 ml brandy
- 15 ml orange liqueur
- 15 ml simple syrup
- 22ml fresh lemon juice
- 7ml orgeat syrup
- 1 splash Le Pommier Red Blend wine
- Shake all ingredients with ice and serve over ice in an old-fashioned glass.
- Top with a splash of red wine. Garnish with fresh fruit, and serve.
Do you have any favourite summer wine cocktails? Do share them with us! Be sure to follow our Pinterest Board for more ideas and recipes.